If you’re a commercial business owner, you will want your building’s roof to stand the test of time. A singly ply membrane roofing system is a fantastic option that offers durability, longevity, and affordability. This system is ideal for roof reinforcement without breaking the bank. Tearing off the existing roof is not required, which reduces labor costs significantly. Instead, synthetic sheets adhere to the surface of the existing roof surface. The resulting barrier is extremely durable and long-lasting.
MasterWorks specializes in all forms of single ply membrane services. From initial installation, through repairs, maintenance and even restoration services, we have what it takes to keep your single-ply system in peak condition year-round.
Types of Singly Ply Roofing Systems
There are many different single-ply membrane systems on the market. However, there are a few that stand out as robust and enduring. These are the top 3 most popular options.
TPO – Thermoplastic Polyolefin is a material that is lightweight and made to offer reinforcement and prevent tears. The seams are heat welded together to prevent leaking. It is a versatile option that can be safely installed over existing layers making it a cost-efficient and time-saving option.
PVC – Polyvinyl Chloride is made up of three layers, one layer of polyester and two of PVC. PVC systems are lightweight, durable, fire-resistant, and stand up well to mold chemicals, and inclement weather. This system is also more energy efficient than many others due to its reflective surface.
EPDM – Ethylene Propylene Dene Terpolymer is made up of extremely durable synthetic rubber membranes. It comes in either black or white rolls in various sizes. They are rolled out over your existing roof surface and adhered to it. It is a great option for low slopes and flat roofs. EPDM is eco-friendly, waterproof, and can last 25-30 years.
Single Ply Membrane Benefits
While you have various options when selecting a single-ply roofing system, they all share many common benefits. It’s easy to see why it has been trusted on millions of roofs!
- Easy Installation – The installation is quick, easy, and headache free. You’ll save on both labor costs and time.
- Weather Resistant – There’s no need to worry about how your roofing system will hold up to the weather. It remains flexible in cold weather, wards off UV rays, and withstands high winds.
- Leak Proof – Say goodbye to leaks! The seams of single-ply membranes are watertight and effectively repel moisture.
- Energy Efficient – The lightweight design and ability to reflect sunlight and reduce heat absorption, will lead to significant savings on your energy bills.
- Long-Term Affordability – Single-ply roofing membranes are less expensive than many other options because they require fewer materials and labor to install. They are also low maintenance, reducing the frequency of costly repairs and cleaning.
The MasterWorks Difference
Don’t settle for just any roofing company. Here at MasterWorks, we outperform the competition in the mid-Atlantic region. You can trust our team of experts to help you choose the best single-ply roofing system for your unique needs. We know how important it is to protect your investment. We’re here to help you get the best out of your roof for many years to come. Call our office today at 703-263-3304 and let us show you why we are the best roofing partner to consider.